Costa Rica Trip Day 3 - 2009-03-08

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/link774/sets/72157615003229200/

Today we had some breakfast at the hotel, and hung out on the beach for a while. After that, we decided that it would be fun to rent a bicycle or a scooter and tool around Puntarenas a bit. The folks at the hotel said there was a place a few blocks up, but we couldn't find it. Instead, we just walked along the Pasejo de los Touristas.

We happened upon a street vendor who was selling some wire puzzles. Needless to say, I was quite thrilled. The man was demonstrating the ring-on-a-spring puzzle that I had seen before, so when he handed it to me I solved it quickly. He gave me another one to try that was a bit more tricky. I was getting tired of standing there, so I ended up purchasing that one as well as one called Labyrinth that I had seen before. Labyrinth was from his 'muy dificile' (very difficult) section. They were really cheap, so I should have gotten more. Oh well!

We had lunch at a place called Captain Morenos, where I played around with the puzzles for a bit. I solved the easier of the two puzzles I bought while I was waiting for our food. The food was good and Kellian got a tasty pina colada.

We decided that we were ready to head back to San Jose, so we headed back to the bus station. The ride back was fairly uneventful, I spent the whole time trying to solve Labyrinth. About an hour and a half into the trip I solved it. Hooray! It is a clever little puzzle.

When we got back to San Jose, we went to a Chinese culture thing that was being put on by the Kung Fu school that Kellian has started to go to. In brief: we were starving (7:00PM), we were seated behind a pillar, the event started an hour late, the Kung Fu demonstration was pretty cool, there was a really long speech in Spanish, the food was served two hours into the event (9:00PM!), and the food wasn't very good.

That's it for my third day in Costa Rica.

No comments: