Road Trip Day 6 - 2007-07-25

Check out pictures from today here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10306971@N03/sets/72157601015675198/

Since Jacob was working and I didn't have much else that needed to be done, I slept until 1:00 today. I wasn't quite planning to sleep that late, but that's just the way it worked out. It was probably for the best, considering that we stayed up till 4:00 tonight.

After waking up, I grabbed some KFC and headed out to Germantown in hopes that the Hobby Lobby there was in business. I found some nice blue buttons for the sweater, though it took me forever to find the right section. Even when I got to the right area, I ended up staring at this wall of clasps and other random stuff vainly searching for the buttons. After about 10 minutes of this, I finally noticed a big rotating button display right next to me.

When I got back to my car, it was quite hot, which tends to exacerbate this problem I've been having with the rear view mirror: there isn't much friction holding it in place, so it tilts down after every bump I go over. I had looked at fixing this before, but couldn't come up with a way to do so.

I had complained to Jacob about this earlier, and he pointed that there was a round rubber plug in the back of the mirror that probably covered up the screw. We were driving at the moment, so I didn't have a chance to fix it then. I took a look at it now and sure enough, there was a screw that did the trick. I am greatly relieved, you have no idea how annoying that is!

Next, I went by my old house on Lennox Cove, which was looking pretty much the same as it always did, except the trees were a bit bigger. It looked like our former neighbors, the Simonovsky's were selling tier house.

After that, I came back to Jacob's house to help him and the rest of the band get things packed up for the show tonight. I had forgotten how much of a pain it was to load all that stuff into cars. After we were done, we headed over to the Double Deuce on Beale Street for Jacob's CD release party.

The night went well, lots of good music and such. You should all definitely check out Jacob's new CD at http://www.jacobchurch.com/.

After we lugged all the equipment back to Jacob's house, we decided to grab some food at The Pancake Shop. That sure hit the spot after a long night!

No comments: