Road Trip Day 17 - 2007-08-05

Check out a few pictures I took today:

Well, as I mentioned before, the plan was to get 4 hours of sleep between 8:30AM and 12:30 PM. This plan actually worked pretty well, I was able to get up and be completely alert for the day, but I'm tired now as I type this at 11:20PM.

After waking up, I grabbed some food at this Italian place in the casino. I got the lasagna which was pretty tasty, though it was served way too hot. It really annoys me when a dish is still burning my mouth as I take the last few bites. Next, I then decided that there were two things that I still wanted to do besides play poker: ride the coaster at NY NY and check out the Bellagio fountains.

The coaster was pretty cool, they charge $11.50 to ride it, which is absurd. You can pay $25 for a day pass if you want, but I didn't really have much desire to do it over and over again. It was ok but not great, which is to be expected for a coaster in this setting. I wish they had seat pads, since the ride is bumpy and my butt is boney.

Next, I set off on my way to Bellagio, walking up the strip. I was a bit of a hike, but it was nice walking by some of the other casinos. When I got there, the wind had picked up quite a bit and they were playing an announcement saying that the show had been cancelled due to wind. I was not prepared to accept that I had wasted a 20 minute walk, so I decided to go into the Bellagio just to check it out and see what its legendary poker room looked like.

It took me asking somebody directions to find the poker room, but it was really nice. I couldn't resist, and decided to play some $4/$8, which is the lowest limit they spread. The competition at the Bellagio is supposed to be more challenging than elsewhere, due to the first-class reputation and facilities. Sure enough, it was challenging. I was down about $100 after a few hours. The table I was at was getting to be really aggressive and tight, so I decided to change tables.

The new table was much better, but I was still losing money. Eventually, I won a few hands and was actually up $30 at one point. Unfortunately, the good luck didn't last for long, I ended up down about $70. On my last hand, I lost about $30, which was unfortunate. Oh well! I had to go to back to my hotel and go to bed. So here it is, 11:45, and I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Makar said...

i think i am too small to lift up the playing cards, but i is cute!!