Road Trip Day 31 - 2007-08-19

Check out the pictures I took today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10306971@N03/sets/72157601597850687/

Today I tried to get up at 6:00 in the hopes of heading over to Cedar Point, which is an amusement park with a ton of awesome roller coasters. Unfortunately, I overslept by about 2 hours and when I checked the forecast it said it was going to rain all day. Then I decided that it would be best just to head on home.

After saying goodbye to Brian, I headed out on the long, 12 hour drive I had ahead of me. I wish I had gotten an earlier start, but no such luck. I hit some traffic after I entered Pennsylvania: the road narrowed from 2 to 1 lane and traffic was backed up for about 7 miles and going at about 10-15 MPH, so I was stuck there for a while. When I finally got to the spot where the traffic merged, the car that was behind me tried to pull around and cut in front of me. Fat chance! I gassed it and got ahead of her and flipped her the bird. Not cool!

A few hours later I hit another bit of traffic caused by similar construction, but the delay was only about a half hour rather than the hour I had before. That's another cool thing about the GPS, since it gives you an ETA that is updated in realtime, you can figure out how much a delay cost you in terms of time quite easily. Yay GPS! That thing has been great for this trip.

When I was driving through New York, a cop pulled behind me and put on his lights, so I pulled over. He informed me that he witnessed me driving partly in the shoulder and that this typically indicates that a driver is drunk or tired. I informed him that I was neither drunk nor tired and would be more cautious in the future. He let me off without a ticket, which was quite a relief. My heart rate soon returned to normal.

I still had about 5 hours to go at this point, which is always an irritating point to be at in a drive. I managed to make it back to my parent's house by 1:00, where my parents greeted me.

No comments: